This is an acoustic canjo kit, offered under the American Canjo Company(tm) brand by C. B. Gitty. Each of these instrument kits include a fretted neck that is hand-made in the C. B. Gitty workshops in New Hampshire, USA. They are fun and easy build and even easier to play, and look great - all at a great price.
We also include a 5-page assembly booklet and a free 2-page "How-to-Play" guide by C. B. Gitty, along with two picks and a spare string! Also be sure to check out the Canjo Song Tablature section of the knowledgebase over at www.CigarBoxGuitar.com for an ever-growing list of popular and traditional songs you can play on these instruments!
This instrument is fretted diatonically (like a dulcimer), which means that all of the "in between" notes are left out - so it is almost impossible to hit a "wrong" note on it. It puts out a great twangy sound, perfect for practicing or back porch pickin'.
These canjo kits feature handmade hardwood necks with nickel-silver frets. Once built, the instrument is strung with an unwound plain steel string of .012" gauge tuned to either high C or D.
The special metal cans are labeled with a custom-designed automotive-grade vinyl American Canjo Company decal.
This mighty kit includes the following:
- 5 Page Instruction booklet with bonus 2 page "How-to-Play" Guide
- (1) Metal can with custom automotive-grade vinyl decal
- (1) Pre-drilled and fretted Canjo Neck
- (1) Vintage-style tuner/machine head
- (1) #4 brass finishing washer
- (4) #1 x ⅜" (10mm) mounting screws
- (1) #2 x ¼" (6mm) slotted pan-head screw
- (2) .012" plain steel strings (1 spare)
- (2) Guitar Picks
Overall Length: 27 3/4"
Scale Length: 24 1/2"
Can Size: 5.5" Long x 2.5" Diameter